Limited Warranty, Core, Returned Goods Policy
Kelly Aerospace Energy Systems (KAES) warrants that all new, rebuilt or overhauled products (or minor revision derivatives thereof), sold by Kelly Aerospace Energy Systems, Montgomery Alabama, shall be free from defects in material and workmanship under normal use and service for a period of ONE YEAR ON ALL NEW COMPONENTS and SIX MONTHS ON ALL OVERHAULED COMPONENTS.
The warranty period begins (unless otherwise noted) from the date of installation into the aircraft if, and only if, the following conditions are met:
- The unit and warranty claim, with all requested information properly supplied has been returned to any authorized KAES distributor. International Customers may utilize a KAES Authorized Service Center or a KAES Distributor. Units must be returned within 30 days of the product failure date. Units must not be disassembled and in their “as removed” condition.
- No substitute parts shall have been installed in the product without prior authorization of KAES, Montgomery, Alabama.
- The product shall not have been disassembled, repaired, or altered outside of KAES approved facilities unless express prior authorization was granted in writing.
- The product shall not have been subject to misuse, accident, or improper installation unless proof is submitted to the satisfaction of KAES that such abuse was not a cause for the claimed defect.
- The duration of this Limited Warranty shall be for the unused portion of the original warranty period. Any replacement unit or repair shall not establish a new warranty period.
* Units will be activated automatically for a shelf stock warranty period and in all cases shall expire thirty-six (36) months from date of manufacture (see I.D. plate). Units held in distribution stock over thirty-six (36) months can be returned to the factory for complete testing, recertification, new warranty, and new packaging for a nominal charge.
Limitations & Exclusions
- The sole responsibility and liability of KAES and your exclusive remedy under this claim arising out of, connected with, or resulting from, this sale or the performance or breach of any condition or warranty there under, or from the manufacture, delivery, or use of the product shall be the repair of, or replacement, or credit for this defective product at KAES’s option.
- IN NO EVENT, WHETHER AS A RESULT OF A BREACH OF CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), OR OTHERWISE, SHALL KAES BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR PENAL DAMAGES OR EXPENSES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, COSTS OF REMOVALAND REPLACEMENT OF THE PRODUCT(S), LOSS OF PROFIT, GOODWILL, OR REVENUES, LOSS OF USE OF THE PRODUCT OR ANY ASSOCIATED EQUIPMENT, DAMAGE TO ASSOCIATED EQUIPMENT, COST OF CAPITAL, COST OF SUBSTITUTE PRODUCTS, FACILITIES, OR SERVICES, DOWN TIME, OR COSTS OR CLAIMS OF THIRD PARTIES FOR SUCH DAMAGES OR EXPENSES.
- The foregoing warranty is exclusive and in lieu of all other warranties or remedies whether written, oral, implied, or statutory. Any and all implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, course of dealing or usage of trade are hereby expressly disclaimed and excluded.
- Acceptance of the product by you shall constitute your acknowledgment and acceptance of the terms, provisions, limitations, and exclusions set forth herein. Such terms, provisions, limitations, and exclusions shall not be modified, deleted, or supplemented except by an express written acknowledgment of KAES.
Any claims under this warranty should be made through a KAES authorized distributor or service center. Any claim made, which cannot be reasonably duplicated, will not be considered applicable to warranty and shall be returned “as is”. All claims shall be handled according to standard warranty procedures; see your authorized distributor for details. A list of KAES distributors may be obtained from www.KellyAerospace.com or by Tel: (334) 286-8551.
All products returned by a distributor for warranty consideration are to be shipped to Kelly Aerospace Energy Systems, 1400 E. South Blvd., Montgomery, Alabama 36116 (USA) freight prepaid. If the warranty claim is accepted, the replacement parts, if shipped individually, will be shipped surface freight, prepaid.
Core Chargeback Policy
Any unit being returned for core or warranty core credit shall be ‘as-removed’ from the engine, complete and not disassembled. Units that are rusty, corroded, or cannot be overhauled for any reason will be classified as scrap, having no value. Units which have been weld repaired, as well as units which have been disassembled and then reassembled with old parts will also be classified as scrap, having no value. A percentage of the core charge or a flat dollar value will be charged for missing or damaged parts. (See listing) At no time will the damaged or missing parts charge on any unit exceed the core value of that unit.
- Core charges are due in full within terms. Core credits will only be issued within 12 months from the date of invoice.
- Cores returned in excess of cores invoiced will become the property of KAES and will only be credited for up to 10% of the unit core charge.
- Cores must be of like purchase or a direct superseded unit.
CMI/Bendix/Slick Magneto Core Chargebacks
20/200/1200 D2000 Series
|Drive Plates or Impulse Bushing Missing||10%||5%||10%|
|Capacitors Missing (Each)||15%||5%||15%|
|Breaker Cover Missing/Damaged||20%||5%||N/A|
|Distributor/Rotor Gear Missing/Damaged Each||15%||5%||25%|
|Mounting Flange Missing/Damaged||25%||N/A||N/A|
|Distributor Block Missing/Damaged||35%||15%||35%|
|Impulse Coupling Missing/Damaged||50%||15%||75%|
|Distributor Housing Missing/Damaged (20/200)||65%||N/A||65%|
|Magneto Housing Missing/Damaged (Non D3000)||70%||N/A||80%|
|Magneto Housing Missing/Damaged (D3000)||N/A||60%||N/A|
|Rotating Magnet Bent/Old style flat sided/Inop||75%||25%||80%|
Returned Goods Policy
Kelly Aerospace Energy Systems will accept returned goods with the following conditions:
- The part must have been originally purchased from KAES and must be a current production part in its original packaging.
- Parts may be returned within 60 days after the original invoice without restocking charges so long as the product is in its original form and packaging.
- Parts returned after 60 days from original invoice are subject to a minimum of 20% restocking charge.
- No merchandise returns will be accepted after one year from original date of shipment.
- All returns must include: Date of purchase; KAES Invoice number; and the reason for the return.
A part return request form can be obtained from KAES customer service and may be reached at 334-286-8551 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.